Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Forget the Fish Fry

Hello all, and welcome back. 

This week's report is going to be very short and sweet.  Why?  Because my dates for the fish fry had a little too much fun while I went on my bike ride after work.  We were going to meet at the Water Street Brewery to try their fish, but instead we ordered pizza and sat by a fire in their neighbor's yard.  I picked up a 12 pack and decided to join the fun!  Unfortunately there was no possible way I was going to catch up, but it was still a lot of fun. 

So, my suggestion is if you ever order Peppino's pizza, get the grilled chicken, cheese and alfredo pizza.  It was nothing short of delicious and while I've been trying to stay healthy, I figured after 20-some miles, I earned it. 

The crust was perfect, I'm not sure if the butter was in the sauce or mixed in the baking of the crust, but nonetheless, it was awesome.  I think everything is better with bacon and butter, this time was no different.  Speaking of bacon, I bet that would be a great addition to this pizza!  :-)

So, I'm heading to MJ Stevens today to meet friends for dinner, they have  Wednesday fish fry, so you never know, maybe I'll set you up with a useful blog this week afterall. 

I do know I'll be heading to the Falls on Friday to dine at The Schwab, so stay tuned!

In the meantime enjoy the rest of your week and HUGS to all!

1 comment:

  1. I believe J C Bogars in the same space as the cafe formerly owned by Jim Gantner's wife. It is rare to find a decent FF in the Lake Counrty area for $10.

    ReplyDelete