Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Resolution

Hello all! Let me be one of the last people to wish you a Happy and Healthy 2010! While there is no fish fry to report on, I thought I'd at least let you know that Ann and I haven't forgot our Fish Fry responsibility.

We will be bringing back the blog in full-force beginning next week after our visit to Spinnaker's in Oconomowoc. This is going to be an interesting few months as we both have decided to keep the blog going while we attempt to take off a considerable amount of weight. It's gonna be tough, but I'm bound and determined to prove it CAN be done.

For the first time ever, I'm beginning to believe that weight loss is more than just changing your outward appearance. Nobody of any worth in life cares what you look like, let's face it, but they care about what you think of yourself. That's why my roller-coaster battle with weight and food has engulfed my entire life, because up until recently I've never figured that out. I guess wisdom is the only thing I can be happy about gaining as I get older! LOL

This weight loss journey is a complete internal transformation and the embracing of balance, a challenge that I'm finally ready to take on.  Slow and steady wins the race will be my motto and I fully intend to finally win! However, as a bonus to all the blog readers, this newly-found balance includes being able to enjoy some things which aren't so healthy like a Friday evening Fish Fry. It's fun, I enjoy it and I'm gonna do it dammit! :-) I will look forward to moderately cheating once a week at the local establishment to help my life balance! LOL! I hope you all enjoy your week and weekends!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Beth! I know you will keep the attitude and fortitude to reach your goal. Your blog is interesting and well wrritten and having previously lived in Nashotah and Hartland for 10 or 11 years, I have been to many of your past and upcoming establishments. I LOVE a good fish fry and have my favorites and it is interesting to see if my opinions stack up with yours. Having said that....your blog is titled "Lake Country Fish Fry Reviews". My personal 2 cents worth would be to ask you to eat more actual fish frys as opposed to alternate preparations such as baked fish or other types of fish/seafood. Keep up the column in any event.
    Cabby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cabby, I try to get the traditional fish fry, but when something on the menu is too good to pass up, I cave! Also, if I get deep fried dinner, I like to get the children's portion, and unfortunately some places are jerks and don't allow that either! I will definitely work on the balance in 2010 for the blog as well as my life! :-)

    ReplyDelete