Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Dylon's Steakhouse, Pewaukee

Happy Tuesday.  I am extremely busy these last couple of weeks and my schedule only gets more hectic in the upcoming months.  I am going to try to get to at least one fish fry a month as we warm up here in Wisconsin.  But please visit my facebook page for more frequent updates of restaurants as I visit them.

I've definitely been out of the blog loop lately, so I wanted to quickly get one posted.  This week you are going to be treated to a blog I should have posted a few weeks ago, but you're better late than never, right?  Welcome to the  Dylon's Steakhouse on Pewaukee Lake, review.

Dylon's is the old Golden Anchor, and I had been there before, but not under the new ownership, but  I still love that place, it's a very quaint restaurant, and if you get into the "sun room" it has an incredible view of beautiful Pewaukee Lake.  Unfortunately on that rainy Friday, I was pressed for time, I had to order the "takeout" fish fry, but I don't live far from Dylon's, there was no time for the fish to get soggy or cold.  I ordered the Beer
Perch for $17,  Baked Cod for $12,  1/2 Perch, 1/2 Beer Battered Cod for $15, French Fried Walleye Pike for $18 and Baked Walleye for $18.

The beer batter was delicious, I absolutely loved it -- it's so rare to get a perfectly cooked beer batter, because it does get damp quick.  This was not the case with Dylon's fish fry, the cod itself was hot, flaky and very tasty.  The potato pancake was pretty average, but the side of cole slaw was incredible.  The nice servers, while very attentive to me when I showed up, forgot to add in the rye bread, but I am going to assume here (I know, I know) that it was your typical store-bought bread, but if anyone who has dined there, can say otherwise, please do so.

Overall, even though the price was just a twinge more, I think you're paying for the overall "supper club" experience, and well, I ate the food at my dining room table.  But I was just as pleased and I would recommend Dylon's to anyone looking for a good fish fry in the area.

I think Dylon's is definitely worth a 7 out of 10.  I look forward to going back there and trying the other options looking out at the lake, rather than a Brewers game on television the next time I eat their fare.

I hope you are all trying to enjoy this interesting and dreary spring.  I pray summer is right around the corner for golf, running, biking, outdoor dining and blended drinks.  That's what is really important, right?

Don't forget to give out large doses of hugs to loved ones, especially now, while the sun is still in hibernation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment